Friday, October 3, 2008

what's ur love language?

its words of affirmation.

giving speeches, going through evaluations and conquering table topics give me a heightened sense of euphoria that i can't get anywhere else outside of toastmasters. i build up my self esteem and confidence with the compliments and constructive feedback given by like-minded comrades.

for the first time in 1.5 years since joining CSTMC, i decided to move out of my comfort zone to visit a new club where i attempted my first table topic after a year's break. am amazed that only less than 10 members were present. as a result of some absentees, there was ample time to have multiple evaluations of the same speech. this presented an opportunity for me to do another evaluation within short notice. the less daunting environment created an excellent learning space where i could do my evaluation with ease.

the good thing about visiting smaller clubs is the level of appreciation they show as you help boast up their headcounts. thank you smses, handshakes and warmth from new friends made me feel special. the evening ended well. i'll be attending regularly to get my dose of ecstasy.

No comments: