Thursday, May 14, 2009

it's not easy


have u ever been caught sandwiched between opposing sides, trying to get both parties to understand one another?

imagine doing it for a living...

the toughest part is having to be firm and not be swayed by the reasoning of the opposing party. many a times, they have a relevant point of view and i ended up sympathising with them and compromising my own beliefs, sacrificing the very people who are counting on me to speak up for them.

my team are silent individuals who see themselves from a lower hierarchy, feeling unfit and unconfident to speak their minds. often, i feel as though i'm standing alone in the battlefield.

where's my arsenal? where's the chatter and banter that everyone is so accustomed to behind close doors? when can you people stand up for your own cause?

i've to act firm when i'm actually not aggressive. i've to think of innovative ways to solve the situation while facing veterans who are trying so hard to force me into a corner. i'm always hard pressed for time. i see faces of villians who are trying to twart my progress. some have funny and out of the box thinking that is hard to comprehend. relationships are strained. to maintain harmony, i've to seek a compromise that is pleasing to all.

the many rounds of meetings have stretched me beyond my wildest imagination. it's growth in the midst of adversity and it's a high price to pay. i'm still treading on the path less travelled. at times, it's unbearable. but sometimes things take a drastic 180 degrees turn for the better.

No comments: