Monday, October 19, 2009

steadfast in love

how do u react when u feel loved?


Are you more talkative and expressive than before? Would you be feeling all charged up and be all ready to serve whenever called upon? Do u have that internal energy that is spurring u up to go the extra mile?


i saw that level of heighten chirpyness in my mum who was especially expressive and energetic tonight, tending to things big and small. she expresses her love through acts of service. her behaviour gave me the impetus to pen this blog as i had recently found a new meaning about life and the way in determining happiness.

being clueless about myself, i had latched onto things and people who could only give me temporary happiness. after the peak is gone, i'm left wondering why i'm still unhappy. the emptiness is depressing. just like a ship without an anchor, i was drifting wherever the tide is taking me. do people enjoy true happiness? does the search for happiness end when one has found their true love?

the tide is slowing turning. just like a ship changing course, the process is long. but slowly and steadily, the results are showing. happiness is about knowing myself, having a set of goals to work towards where i could draw strength to fuel me for the journey ahead. the need to have positive affirmation was the symptom of having low self esteem. i did not know what was holding me back. the inertia was crippling me. what was i really hestitating about?

in a nutshell, i've graduated with the new found knowledge that i can be a bird in the sky...

No comments: